What’s the Deal with AHS Fuel?!

By Cooper Zablocki and Tyler Mott

Last year Allison Berryhill’s and Bryan Wood’s seminars joined together to create a new approach to gaining positive school spirit. “In the past year AHS school spirit has not been positive, but this year looks different,”  senior Tyler Christensen said talking about the new AHS Fuel.  AHS Fuel is now in full effect!

Teacher Allison Berryhill promotes AHS fuel and shows off the crew’s t-shirts. Senior Kristin Johnk is an AHSfuel member.

Teachers Elizabeth Huggins and Bryan Woods are AHS Fuel’s advisers.  AHS Fuel has already sponsored a pep bus that rode to Clarinda for the Friday football game.  Another key feature about AHS is the free items.  On the first day of school every student was handed a wristband in seminar. These wristbands serve a few purposes.  If a student goes to only two of the first five events, he or she will receive a free AHS Fuel t-shirt as well as a free activity pass. “I’m happy I get to save $35,” said sophomore Dustin Rudolph.

Junior Brecklyn Carey said she likes “the fact that it brings all the students together. Also, it gives students a common purpose to go to the games.” The goal of AHS Fuel is “To make school activities more fun and to raise school spirit,” said Carey.

All students are given six chances to achieve their t-shirt and activity pass.  They include the Soup Scrimmage on Aug. 23, the volleyball scrimmage on Aug. 23, cross country time trials Aug. 27, the pep bus to Clarinda on Aug. 30, the first volleyball game Sept. 3 and the first home football game Sept. 6.

Students in sports are counted for whatever fall sport they’re participating in.  So far AHS Fuel has been very active in the fall sports and they still have the rest of the year left.