Want to ride the pep bus?

Want to ride the pep bus?

By: Matt Smith, Tanner Mauk, and Jacob Johnson

Do you need a ride to any away game Friday night? Well with the help of many teachers, students, and the booster club, the school was able to provide a pep bus which will allow students to get a ride to the game for free. This week the bus is bringing over 80 students, in two buses, to the game in Clarinda which makes it easier for students to make the trip and encourage the team.

Head Coach of the Atlantic football team Nick Ross said, “Its a great idea its great way for the school to become close together, and the football players will happy for all the kids that come down to watch them even when its not a home game.” All of the students agree with Ross that it’s a great way to get to the games and support the school. Although there are multiple people riding the bus, and some on a waiting list, many students, mostly juniors and seniors, are driving themselves and their friends to the game.

The bus will be supervised by the following teachers: Maria Oltman, Paul Iekel, Sue Peterson, and Jess Ehrman. Paul Iekel, AHS teacher, said, “the bus should be fun and get us pumped for the game, but still stay under control and safe.” Atlantic football coach Brian Woods said that, “The price will stay the same, (free) if there is a lot of support for it.”

Overall, most of the students thought it was a good idea and `almost everyone that rode the bus enjoyed it. Sophomore Madison Helvie said she had fun and will probably ride the pep bus again. So if you ever need a ride to an away game, the pep bus is always an option.