TWIRP Week at AHS

By Kallee Mudd

Friday, March 1 is the anual TWIRP Dance at Atlantic High School. TWIRP is a dance where the women ask the men and are required to pay. February 25 through March 1 is TWIRP week at Atlantic High School. There will be a dress day for each day of the week.

Monday is Crazy Mis-match Day, Tuesday is Flood Day (wear high water pants), Wednesday is Stop Light Day (if you have or don’t want a date wear red, if you’re not sure if you want one or not wear yellow, and if you would like a date wear green), Thursday is Multiplicity Day (so make sure your friends match), and Friday is Dress Like Your Date Day (keep it appropriate).

The boys from each grade will be playing an Ironman Volleyball tournament also. Sign up sheets to play volleyball or to be a coach are in the commons. The winning grade will play a team put together by the faculty at AHS on Friday.

The Mr. AHS pageant will be held on the Friday of the TWIRP dance. Each activity can vote on a senior to represent them in the pageant. All applications are in the office and will be due Friday, Feb. 22. The winner will be chosen during the assembly and will receive a cash prize.  Their picture will be displayed in the trophy case for a year.

Out of town dates can be signed up in the library during the week of the dance.