Spanish Trip Meeting

By: Payton Ryan and Tanner Anderson

The Spanish Trip meeting for parents and students was held Wednesday December 12. This meeting was set up to give parents information about what this trip is about and what they need for this trip. Students will be going to Costa Rica on July 9, 2014. In order to go on this trip you must complete two years of Spanish with a C average. You must maintain a 2.5 GPA in all classes. You need to exhibit good behavior and character, if in trouble and in the office a lot you will have a meeting with the parents and teacher discussing weather you will be able to go. You need to follow the Good Conduct Policy. Which means no alcohol weather it’s students, teachers, or parents.
The cost for this trip will be $1,942. You can make monthly payments of $115. You need to put a down payment of $95 by Friday December 14. If you do not make this payment by this deadline the cost will go up $200. The Spanish class student attending this trip are allowed 1 fundraiser per academic school year. This will go directly into the Spanish Trip fund. If you do not attend the fundraiser you will not get any share of the donations. Also they can apply for grants from local businesses.
The main goal of this trip is to practice speaking spanish and hearing it. Getting to know people better in different areas of the world. Also to motivate students more in the class room and getting them more involved.
All students must have insurance. The students are responsible for spending money, tips for the tour director and for bus guides which will cost about $10 per day. You must have a passport to go on this trip which you can get form Walmart or a local photography studio. They will receive from the company sponsering this trip is round trip air, meals, full-time tour director, transportation, and hotel rooms. Rooms will be divided between 3 or 4 students of the same sex. Boys and girls will never be paired in the same room.
Spanish teacher Mr. Vargason said,”We want them to get comfortable speaking Spanish.” “The reason we chose Costa Rica is because it’s safe afforadable, and the scenary and experiance is wonderful.”

Parents getting information on the Spanish trip.
Spanish teacher Angela Hannigan lectures the parents at the Spanish trip meeting.
Parents and students attend the Spanish trip meeting.
Spanish teacher Dan Vargason is explaining about the Spanish trip.
Spanish teacher Dan Vargason is pumped about the spanish trip.