Wrestling Season

By Diana Perkins

The 2012-2013 Atlantic Wrestling team has started of the season with a 4 & 2 record, defeating

Sophomore Matt Smith during a wrestling match.

Griswold, Clarenda, Shenandoah, and Carroll Kuemper.  With the season underway, Junior Tyler Christensen said, ”It’s going pretty good but there is still room for a lot of improvement”.  Christensen said he has a lot of goals for the team this season.  ”Hopefully being able to be a solid duel team and a great tournament team”, said Christensen.  When asked how he did, Christensen answered, “Pretty well.  Could do better”.

Head Coach Tim Duff said, “This year is positive.  A lot new faces so there is a lot of learning”.  “Right now we are 4 & 2.  Two 2nd places at Humboldt and Riverside”, Duff said about the season.  Duff says that work over the brake will help the team get to the next level.
When asked about his individual season, Junior Dillion Cox said he feels good about it but is not satisfied with where he is at.  He hopes to be a state place winner.  When it came to the team, Cox says, “We could have done better than we have”.
The Wrestling team still has a ways to go before the season is over and with a 3rd places title to defend, they will be working hard.  Last year, Atlantic Wrestling placed 3rd at State Duel’s.  They set new goal to place higher and are working in the start of the season to reach their goal.