Indoor Soccer

By Payton Ryan
Indoor Soccer is beginning once again at AHS. It is a sport not very many hear about that involves the AHS boys team during the off-season. This is the third year the boys are participating in indoor soccer to practice for the coming season. Coach Justin Williams handled the sign-up for participation, but the boys organize the team and practices themselves.

Indoor soccer is on a turf feild, but instead of a rectangular feild it’s square. Normally there would be 11 players on the feild, but in indoor soccer there are only 9. The AHS team plays on a feild located in Omaha called the Omaha Sports Complex.

A student named Dakota Watson (aka “Fogger”) who graduated from CAM High School a year ago formed this team three years ago. Watson played for AHS soccer league since his freshman year. This year Watson is attending Simpson College where he plays soccer.

Zack Brooks said,” We are doing a lot better than last year.” The boys team plays every Saturday 2 p.m. sometimes earlier or later. Matt Smith said, “ We are getting better each game.”

Tanner Anderson and Kody Kirchhoff came up with the teams pink soccer shirts. They were arguing about the colors. Finally agreeing on hot pink and lime green. Everyone has a shirt with their last name and number they choose. Tanner Anderson said,” We made the shirts for memories later on.”

When the boys were asked, “Why did you go out for indoor soccer,” they all replied Soccer is my favorite sport and I love playing.

Some of the indoor soccer team. Posing for a picture before playing.