Students discuss their daily routines

By Tanner Anderson

Routine. The definition according to the Free Online dictionary is “a prescribed, detailed course of action to be followed regularly; a standard procedure” or “a set of customary and often mechanically performed procedures or activities.”

What’s your daily routine? Everybody has one whether you realize it or not. The alarm starts to ring like a blaring horn at the highest decibel. You wake up at the same time every day, roll out of the same side of the bed and stumble to the bathroom to try to somehow wake yourself up enough to start your day. Even though your eyes aren’t open yet, you manage to turn on the faucet in the shower so that you can stand beneath the hot stream of water cascading from the showerhead. Then what happens?

Teachers, administrators, and students alike pretty much do the same thing every day at AHS. We walk to each room, in the same order, almost every day. We go to lunch, get our food, and sit with the same people at the same tables. We pack our books, notepads, and pencils to each class while walking with the same people. After school we head off to the same car, same house, same job that we do every other day.

We even have favorite parts of our routines.

Sophomore Kody Harris looks forward to lunch. History teacher, Terry Hinnzman, likes to sit down for supper with his wife. They have the house all to themselves now that all of their kids are in college..

Junior Dakota Steffen, likes 8th period the best because she has study hall and it’s the last period of the day.  Freshman Clayton Saeugling likes first period Spanish because new teacher Dan Vargason is fun.

As you can tell, even though we are all different people, we all pretty much follow the same routine for the same reasons as everyone else. We all have jobs to do and lessons to learn to get us through this thing called life.