CCEOC students and teachers adapt to new enviornment

By Alyssa Adams

The students and staff of the Cass County Educational Opportunity Center moved into a new building on Monday, Sept. 24. The new building is located at 1209 Sunnyside Lane.

New home for CCEOC

The CCEOC building was supposed to be completed by the start of the 2012-13 school year, but due to complications and fire marshall regulations, moving into the building was postponed. The new building houses the CCEOC and the Link Center students. It has new features to offer the students such as a cafeteria, hot lunches, and hot breakfasts.

Lunch room at CCEOC

CCEOC instructor Justin Williams said the students and staff are slowly adapting to the new environment. “I am glad we are finally in the new building,” he said.

Senior Kaley Ladd said she prefers the new building over the old because it’s much warmer and makes her feel it will help improve her attendance.

New study area at CCEOC

The CCEOC was needing a new building so the Special Needs Preschool could use the old Lincoln-school building. While waiting for the new building, CCEOC and Link Center students occupied the multi-purpose room behind the high school for awhile then moved to the First Church Of Christ until receiving the okay for the new building.

Student work center at CCEOC

According to Williams, students and staff are adapting well and getting to work. Junior Selena Hansen said she really enjoys the new fresher smell and the parks across the street.

–Photos by Alyssa Adams