троянский обедающий-Trojan Diner

By Alaura Schuler

Everyone asks, “What is Trojan Diner?” Trojan Diner is a place where the Foods 2 and International Cuisine classes make a meal once a month for faculty and family members or for people from around Atlantic. In International Cuisine, the students come up with a menu from a different country so for the people who come, can try the different kinds of foods. Foods 2 and International Cuisine teacher, Ms. Hopper-Henningsen said, “I have Trojan Diners because I used to them at the school I used to work at. It’s a good learning experience for the students. Its also a skill for the students who want to go into the restuarant business.”

Senior Savannah Hoye helps out with Trojan Diner

The last Trojan Diner for this year was Thursday, May 3. The theme for this Trojan Diner was a Russian. The meal was made up by Payton Ryan (sophomore), Alyssa Askland (senior), and Alaura Schuler (junior). The meals consisted of cream of asparagus soup as the appetizer, pork chops with potatoes and mushrooms in a sour cream sauce as the main course, carrot salad on the side with the main dish, Russian noodle pudding as the dessert, and either warm Russian tea, water , or coffee.

Approximately 60 people came to eat.  Ms. Hopper-Henningsen said her favorite part of Trojan Diner is “seeing all the kids come together with the meal and the customers loving the food.” Senior Marissa Berns said, “Probably the cooking and the satisfaction.” Nora Walker, a senior, said, “Eating the food is the best part.” Another senior at AHS, Savannah Hoye said, “Getting out of classes is the best part.”

Senior April Ussery prepares the food for the customers.