Nick Renner adjusts to the CCEOC

By Shelby Tichota
Seventeen-year-old Nick Renner was recommended to the CCEOC during his second semester of his junior year. Renner said that there were two different times of the day he could pick to attend class. The two times were 8:00-11:15 or 12:15-3:00. Renner said he mostly goes in at 8:00.
When asked what he liked most about the CCEOC, Renner said “I move at my own pace, and I don’t have to listen to lectures.”

Renner said a typical day for him is that he comes to school, signs in, and works on packets until it’s time for him to leave at 11:15. Every Friday the CCEOC participates in the physical activity part of school. Students either play Wii, or go to the YMCA and go swimming.

Renner said he does not feel the CCEOC is a part of AHS “because it seems like AHS treats the EOC as a secondary importance.” Renner said he misses the people most at the high school. He said, “Since I switched to the EOC, everyone thinks I’m dead.” Our closing question to Nick was “What else would you like AHS students to know?” and his response was, “Don’t come here, unless you have to.”

Journalist Stuart Hoegh listens as Nick Renner talks about his experience at the CCEOC