OPINION – Websites to delight!

By Jon Quezada
What’s the first thing you do when you have a computer at your disposal?  Go to your favorite site–right?  There are a ton of websites on the Internet that have much to offer.  Informative and creative websites keep us entertained and up-to-date.  A website that has recently kept the minds of AHS students busy is Pinterest.com, a site that allows people to view and post things that they have seen on the Internet or in their own lives.  Senior Amanda Gude says “It’s very addicting.  I just scroll through the pins.”

Another site that is used often is Themetapicture.com.  This is a website that allows users to view and comment on photos that have been posted on the site.  The collection of pictures that are displayed come from all around the Internet, from one funny site to another.
Senior Austin Eblen says, “It’s like Facebook without friends.  If you ever need a laugh, it’s a great place to go to”
Here are some sites that I enjoy visiting when I have some time.

“We help you explore new and interesting things from every corner of the web.”

And that they do.

I go to this website often just to view things that interest me.  Once you register on this website, you’ll be offered a list of various topics to choose from.  You can select as many as you’d like, and once you finish you click “Stumble.”  From there it will automatically take you to any existing website that has something to do with the topics that you’re interested in.

You may “like” a website and save it to your favorites or just keep “Stumbling.”

Fmylife.com –

Laughing at other people’s misfortune seems cruel.  But on this website, that’s really all you can do.  Stories span from dropping your keys in a toilet, to losing your engagement ring at a restaurant.  The website is basically an enormous collaboration of people’s “FML” stories, always beginning with “Today….”  This site allows you to post your own “FMLs” if you have your own account.  This site will graciously give you a few good laughs.  The only downside to this site is that it is blocked by the AHS school server.