Linked as One

By Cassie Long“Linked as One” is the theme for Atlantic High School’s 2011-2012 Javelin. Editors are working hard to make this yearbook better than the rest.

This yearbook will be bigger than ones from previous years. With a bigger yearbook, the editors have chosen to use dominant photos. Dominant photos will make it easier for students to see who is in the pictures and improve the quality of the pictures.

Amber Bishop, senior, said she likes the idea of having dominant photos, “as long as I’m not in one of them!”

The season dividers in the yearbook will also have a collection of big pictures from events that took place throughout the year.

Another goal of the editors is to have more variety of kids shown throughout the yearbook. Many times the same kids are pictured repeatedly in the yearbook, which doesn’t allow for the less active kids to be seen.

One aspect of the linked-as-one theme is to connect all students in the high school by identifying similarities among students across the top of every page. For example, Adam Wieser has hazel eyes just like Lucas Stone and Lucas Stone likes cherry flavored Jello just like Katelyn Fulk.

The 2011-2012 yearbooks cost $50 but will increase to $55 in May. The editors have sold 159 so far, but their goal is to sell 254 yearbooks.

Click here to buy yours today.