Naughty and nice students share their wish lists

By Sarah Masker
and Christina Brown
Everyone looks forward to Christmas. Twinkling lights and blankets of snow fill downtown Atlantic, and students are hoping they’ve made it on Santa’s “Nice” list this year.

Freshman Grace Jacob says she has tried to land on Santa’s “Nice” list this year.  “I’ve tried really hard to get along with the people I don’t usually get along with, and I’ve been a lot more honest with my parents.”

Jacob is hoping for a new guitar case.  “The one that I got when I got my guitar when I was 7 has holes in it and I can’t fit my music in it.”  Jacob’s father taught her how to play the guitar and she’s also been teaching herself.

Junior Alex Minor also believes he’s made it onto Santa’s “Nice” list by donating money to families in need through Coach Duff’s seminar and giving friends rides to school. He says he wants a new Bose surround sound system, but they’re very expensive.

Though many students seem to think they’re on the “Nice” list, sophomore Elijah VonWeye thinks his sister would say he deserves a spot on the “Naughty” list. VonWeye says he wants to get some money for Christmas to save up for a car or truck before his 16th birthday in March.

If you think you’re on the “Naughty” list, it’s not too late to do some good and get your name switched over to Santa’s “Nice” list!