Hope Solo’s soon-to-be protégé – Amy Loverin

Hope Solo’s soon to be protégé – Amy Loverin
    By Malachi Wickman
    Junior Amy Loverin entered the BBM (Black Berry Mobile) Challenge in October.  The grand prize is an all-expense paid trip to spend a day with Hope Solo, plus spending money. The winner can bring up to three friends and a parent/guardian.
    The competition has several different challenges. The first challenge was an entry video to be selected as one of her top 25 protégés.  Loverin comments, “The video featured why I wanted to be Hope’s protégé and why I deserved it.” By being chosen as one of the top 25, Loverin has stayed in the competition and moved onto the next challenge.  Also for being in the top 25, Loverin won an activated Blackberry Bold 9930. Loverin says, “My listed team members got Blackberry Curves. We are also supposed to get BBM messages from Hope herself.”
    For the next challenge in the competition Loverin and her team created another video. Their video was in Solo’s top three picks. The scoring for the videos is based on 80% of the judge’s decision and 20% on public voting. Loverin’s team didn’t win the second challenge but are still competing for the grand prize.
    For the third challenge, Loverin’s team had to create a new sport.  They created “Berry Ball Mayhem”. According to Loverin, “It is like ultimate frisbee, capture the flag, soccer, basketball, flag football. I wanted to make a legit sport that had a simple objective but was creative and fun.” They then found a way to incorporate blackberry. To hear all of the rules of Berry
    Ball Mayhem and to vote for Loverin’s video, you can go to http://bbmchallenge.blackberry.com/desktop/en/us/council/hope-solo.html .
    Loverin comments, “I would just like to say thank you to everyone who has helped me with the challenges (especially my team) and everyone who has voted for me! I appreciate it greatly.”