Lifetime Fitness Run

By Paul Honke and Malachi Wickman

Last year, while physical education was still on schedule, students had to run the mile for their semester tests. Students in Lifetime Fitness are now required to run the mile every other Wednesday, this means students will run approximately 2 miles a month.

Lifetime Fitness instructors, Casey Pelzer and Tim Duff, have the same guidelines for their classes. The students must run eight miles per semester in under fifteen minutes. If they fail to do so, they will not get credit for the class. If a student doesn’t have all eight miles done within the time limit by the end of the semester, it goes in the book as an incomplete and they have two weeks to make it up.

According to Casey Pelzer, the mile run is how they stress the importance of Lifetime Fitness, since it will help the students later in life. He also comments, “There is no better exercise than walking or running.”

Tim Duff says, “The mile is a way to improve cardiovascular fitness, and most students are doing a good job so far.”

There has actually been some acceptance with running the mile among the students that take Lifetime Fitness.

“ I think it’s cool that we can improve our running while participating in the mile,” says senior Delsin Arnold.