Getting to Know the Class of 2017: Colby Sorensen

Senior spotlight featuring Colby Sorensen.

Sorensen+played+wide+receiver+and+line+back+in+football.+

Sorensen played wide receiver and line back in football.

Garrett Franken

Colby Sorensen will be remembered as a great friend and by the sports he was in. In high school, he was involved in wrestling, track, baseball and football. Out of these sports, wrestling is his favorite. Sorensen is known for doing what is best for the wrestling team and that is because he will cut to a weight class that the team needs to fill.

While in high school, Sorensen made many memories. His favorite memory is the wrestling get-together at teammate Zac Stork’s house. His favorite memory in elementary was being Walnut Football manager. In high school, he is most proud of, “cranking people on punt.” Sorensen has a big plans for the future and is going to be a very busy person, “like always.” After school, he plans to go to college and study engineering. He wants to be an engineer because he loves to build and take things apart. He has all of this motivation because he said he wants to be like his dad, who is the most influential person in his life.

Sorensen wants to be remembered as a funny, caring and great friend. In 10 years, he pictures himself having a good job, and living on his own. One thing Sorensen will miss in high school are his friends, and all of his, “Helo” family.