• April 11TOLD BY THE BLACK AND GOLD PODCAST IS LIVE ON SOUNDLCOUD

• April 3Good luck to boys golf at Fox Run on Thursday!

• April 3Good luck to girls tennis on Thursday!

Boys Soccer vs. Carroll

The Trojan huddle, before every game the boys talk about how they are going to play the game.

Tuesday April 11 the boys’ soccer team traveled to Carroll to play the Tigers. Carroll’s record this year is 0-4 following last seasons 2-14 record. Last year the Trojans beat the Tigers 7-2. This season the Trojans came home with the win again but this time 7-3.

The Trojans seven goals were made by senior Eric Wieser and sophomore Iñigo Chaguaceda. Wieser ended the game with 4 goals, while Chaguaceda ended with 3 goals.

The boys’ started out the game strong which is a big step up for Atlantic, considering they are a second half team. The past couple games the Trojans have played has been easy till the half and a fight the second, this was definitely not one of those games.

Junior Brady Dickerson and senior Kolton Carey had a handful of great shots but being off by just an inch can throw everything off. As of this point in the season Chaguaceda is leading the team in scores with eight, Wieser close behind with six, Carey on his tail with five, and Dickerson with three.

Head coach Justin Williams said “After the game I was excited for the players, they finally took control of the field. They played well as a team, I was proud of all of the players.”The team improved on becoming a team on the field. Prior to last nights game the boys struggled to play as a team. Williams said “We seemed to put a total package on the field, we played better on defense. We looked more in tune on offense. Overall we improved every aspect of our games.

Sophomore Iñigo Chaguaceda said “I think we started to get unfocused, but once they scored we played probably our best game so far. We changed our formation for this game and it worked better, I think we found the way we want to play. Chaguaceda knew they had some up downs at practice, so we wanted to have a good game and prove that the Tri-Center game is already forgotten. The team also had ‘4 days of rest and you can notice that the whole team was ready and in good shape.”