AHS Celebrates Leadership Week

Leadership Wall greets students as they entered the building.

Last week AHS celebrated National Student Council Leadership week. To do so, names of students who were recognized as leaders have been hung up on the wall in the front entrance with a one-word adjective describing them. Student Council president Emily Hohenberger explained that students who have their name on the wall were hand picked by teachers to be recognized. Hohenberger wants all students to remember that “even those who aren’t on the wall doesn’t mean they’re not leaders.”

Students are shown a bit of honor

— Camden McFadden

Senior Camden McFadden is described as “hard working” on the wall. McFadden felt the word chosen to describe him was accurate. “I think that’s how most people see me,” McFadden said. McFadden believes it is okay that not every student’s name is listed on the wall because it’s “a place where students are shown a bit of honor.” Contrary to how McFadden feels, sophomore Hannah Anstey said more people should be recognized. “(It’s) a good idea, but everyone should have one of their own.”

Librarian Ginger Bechtold also thinks more students should be involved and are deserving of a place on the wall. Senior Katie Darrow is on the leadership wall too. Darrow is not surprised she is on the wall, but a bit shocked that the word describing her is “kind.” “It’s not something I really think about. I just act normal and don’t think about being kind.” Overall, Darrow likes the idea of the leadership board. Darrow believes it spotlights the people who normally wouldn’t get recognition for doing anything.