Choice Printing

It’s a Spy’s Life, Part 3

By: Liz Davidson

This a chapter-by-chapter story about a 16-year-old spy, Angela Darkmoon, as she finds her way in the mixed-up, topsy-turvy world she lives in.

Part 3

Angela dragged two of the criminals out. She had bound their feet along with their hands, due to unfortunate resistance. Nate and Jasper lead the others out, sporting two black eyes and a split eyebrow between the two of them. Angela thought about the bruise that was forming on the right side of her face.

The female started to struggle. “Oh quit it already, you’re not going anywhere,” Angela commented, absolutely bored…again.

Police cars pulled up, as did her bosses cars. She stopped dragging the people and walked towards her boss, inspecting her nails.

“What’s next?” she asked, as she raised one of her eyebrows.

“You’ll find out when you get there,” he replied as he glanced over at Nate and Jasper. Angela turned to see what her boss was staring at. Jasper, like usual, was flirting with someone. An officer. Angela’s expression suddenly turned into that of somebody who had just gotten a nasty idea.

“No, you cannot go ruin it for Jasper, that’s my job,” Jonathon responded to her expression, not even looking at her. The young spy pouted.

“That’s no fun.”

“I know.” With that her boss cupped his hands. “Jasper, quit messing around.  We have work to do.” Angela snickered as Jasper hurriedly said goodbye and quickly walked to their boss.

“Did you get her number?” the teen asked, tilting her head.

“No, I didn’t get her number,” he replied sadly.

“Aw, she was too good for you anyways,” she commented turning to get into Her boss’ SUV.

“No, she wasn’t,” he mumbled under his breath. That is before Nate lightly punched his arm.

“You’ll find another girl to flirt with. One that isn’t as smart, so that she won’t know that you’re a horrible flirt,” Nate commented lightly.

“Oh, that’s just mean,” Jasper responded.

“Just get in the car.”

“Fine,” both guys replied.

“I call shot-gun!” Angela yelled as she opened the passenger side door and climbed in.

“She always gets shot-gun,” Jasper complained.

“That’s because you’re just not fast enough,” she retorted as she buckled her seatbelt and turned on the radio.

“What is that?” Nate asked as he climbed in, too.

“You don’t recognize Disturbed?” Angela asked as she scrunched up her nose.

“Who?”

“Never mind, you have no taste.”

“I do too!”

“Do not.”

“Both of you quit it, before I give this assignment to somebody else.”

“Yes, boss,” Jasper replied. Nate gave him a nasty look.

“Sure thing.”

With that, Mr. Tontoro put the car in drive. Everybody was silent as they made their way to headquarters. Angela sighed. She was sssooo bored!  She looked out of the window.

“Stop The Car!” she yelled holding up a hand.  The car swerved once before coming to a screeching halt!

“Don’t Do That!” Jonathon yelled, driving the car onto the side of the road. Angela didn’t say anything; she just hopped out even before the car was completely stopped.

“What has her going crazy?” Nate whispered.

“I have no clue,” Jasper whispered back.  Her boss got out of the car as Angela mad her way towards the ditch.

“What did you see this time.  It better not be a bunny in distress.”

“It’s not,” she replied as she pointed a few feet in front of her.  Face down was the body of somebody obviously dead.  It had a sports jacket on with jeans and tennis.

View Comments (1)