• March 10Enjoy Your Spring Break!

• March 1065 Days Till Graduation!

• January 31Order your yearbook! Win PRIZES!

• January 13Only 70 Days of School Left!

Wrestlers Receive Awards at 2016-17 Banquet

HARD+WORK+PAYS+OFF+-+Sophomore+Chase+McLaren+and+senior+Drake+Roller+claimed+the+title+of+the+Hardest+Workers+of+the+team.++
HARD WORK PAYS OFF - Sophomore Chase McLaren and senior Drake Roller claimed the title of the Hardest Workers of the team.

During the 2016-17 wrestling season, the Atlantic-Cam boys have shown many different characteristics to display the achievements they have accomplished.

The awards received were the Hustle Award to Chase McLaren; Most Improved to Connor Pellett; the JV Competitor Award to Kenny Jimerson; Outstanding State Performance to John McConkey; Hardest Workers to Drake Roller and Chase McLaren; Most Valuable to John McConkey; the Dave Kinen “Never Quit Award” to Chase McLaren; Academic All-Conference to Nate Moen, Zac Stork, and Kassie Brooks; and the Team Captain Awards to Zac Stork and Carter Cox.  

I take pride in never quitting and fighting with everything I have until the whistle blows.”

— Chase McLaren

Sophomore Chase McLaren said, “It was an honor to win the first ever Dave Kinen award.  I take pride in never quitting and fighting with everything I have until the whistle blows.  I also won Hardest Worker along with Drake. I appreciate that the coaches recognized my hard work and dedication to wrestling; I was surprised but pleased when I won the Hustle Award. I’m very thankful to be successful in the classroom, as well as on the mat.”

Junior John McConkey said, “I felt very honored that Coach Duff gave me [Outstanding State Performance and Most Valuable].  I earned those through my great teammates and coaches pushing me everyday in practice to be the best.”

Senior Drake Roller said, “This is my third time winning the Hardest Worker award, and that’s just what it is. I’m the hardest worker in the room. They don’t just give the award out, you have to earn it.”

Senior Carter Cox said, “I’m honored to be the Team Captain along with Zac, and I believe that kids followed in our footsteps and looked up to us because of how vocal we were and the success we have had on the mat.”

Senior Zac Stork said, “Of course I feel I’ve earned [All-Conference Academic and Team Captain]. I’ve put a crazy amount of effort and time into the sport I love and those awards kind of show off what I’ve done.” He says he wants AHS to know that he started high school as a terrible wrestler and worked his way to a very decorated career.  Stork said, “Anything is possible.”

MY CAPTAIN, MY CAPTAIN – Senior Team Captains Zac Stork and Carter Cox receive their awards. At the wrestling banquet Monday night, March 13.