BBB to Host Creston

The 10-8 Panthers pack up and hit the road versus 12-5 Atlantic

Junior Austin Alexander (10) takes a second to catch his breath after a foul while senior and fellow teammate Garrett Franken (32) does the same

Cody Buchman, Sports Editor

Monday night Creston will load the bus and head to Atlantic as the Trojans host the Panthers. Atlantic looks to keep pace with conference leaders Kuemper Catholic and Lewis Central. The Trojans are currently tied for third in the conference with Glenwood posting a 12-5 record meanwhile Kuemper Catholic is 15-2 and Lewis Central is 12-5.

The Trojans are coming off a loss Thursday night on the road at Kuemper before heading into the weekend. The Trojans fell 57-72 despite senior Garrett Franken’s 25 points.

Creston sophomore Kylan Smallwood is currently third in the Hawkeye Ten conference in scoring averaging 18.1 points-per-game. Atlantic’s very own Franken leads the conference with 415 points scored this season and averaging 24.4 points-per-game.

Franken and junior Scott Leonard each sit towards the top of the conference in rebounding. Franken averages 9.2 rebounds while Leonard averages 8.9 rebounds-per-game. Creston’s Smallwood leads the Panthers in rebounds averaging 6.7 rebounds each game while tallying 121 rebounds thus far this season.

Creston currently sits fourth in the Hawkeye Ten conference with a 10-8 record and looks to move up closer to third in this game against Atlantic meanwhile the Trojans seek to keep pace with Kuemper and LC.