Freshmen Boys’ Basketball Fights Against Glenwood

Jena Brosam, Editor In Chief

On Tuesday, Jan. 10, the Trojan basketball teams went on the road to take on the Glenwood Rams for the second double header this season. The freshmen team played at 6:30 p.m. during the girls’ varsity game.

The fight for the lead went back and forth throughout the entire game, resulting in a close Atlantic loss 42-44. The team’s record is now 6-4.

Late in the game with only a minute left the team was down six points, and was able to come back and close the gap to only two points.

Nile Petersen was the leading scorer of the night with 21 points, and Tyler Moen was to follow with 12.

Head coach Brandon Krause said, “The game was a defense game by both teams. I didn’t think we shot the basketball very well and missed some easy shots which is very uncharacteristic of us. Our defense pressure is getting much better since the Harlan game last Tuesday. The best thing about this game is that we competed all night long.”

Petersen said, “We didn’t play very well the first half, and gave up too many layups. In the second half we played a lot better. Our starters played better in the end, but we just came up short.”

Krause said, “Dribble penetration by Bradley Dennis sparked our offense comeback for shots to Nile (Petersen). We just have to continue to make practices more physical and intense. I’m very proud of this team and I’m truly honored to coach a great group of young men.”

The freshmen team’s next game is tomorrow, Jan. 13, at home against Lewis Central.