BBB Preview @ Creston

Atlantic looks to move to 4-0 to begin the 2016-2017 season.

Atlantic junior Scott Leonard leaps up to secure a defensive rebound.

Cody Buchman, Sports Editor

Friday night the Trojan boys basketball team will pack their bags and hit the road for a matchup against Creston. Atlantic looks to extend its win streak to four games after beginning the season 3-0.

The Creston Panthers began their season with a win at home versus Mount Ayr blowing out the Raiders 65-29. Creston then fell two back-to-back games against Glenwood and Lenox.

Tuesday night just 24 hours after Atlantic defeated Red Oak on the road by 30 points Creston clinched their second win of the season at home against Shenandoah.

Last week Atlantic senior Garrett Franken reached the 1000 career point milestone in the win over St. Albert. Through just four games Franken has scored 78 points this season, leading all Trojan scorers.

Various reactions from spectators just moments after Franken cashes in his 1000th career point.

In the game Monday night versus Red Oak, Atlantic junior Austin Alexander recorded 5 assists while also adding a steal and a block. The Trojans combined for six blocks in the game. Three coming from junior Scott Leonard, two from Franken one from Alexander.

Trojan sophomore Chase Mullenix tallied 14 points, four steals and also recorded five rebounds.

Atlantic looks to move to 4-0 to begin the season with a win over a Creston. The Panthers have begun a decline after competing with Atlantic and Glenwood for the Hawkeye 10 title the past few seasons.