Harlan Cyclones Defeat Both Tennis Teams

%233+Kyja+Arnold+lost+her+match+against+Harlan+last+night.+Arnold+is+on+a+doubles+team+with+Heather+Freund.+

#3 Kyja Arnold lost her match against Harlan last night. Arnold is on a doubles team with Heather Freund.

Jena Brosam

Last night, April 25, the Atlantic tennis team both fell to the Harlan Cyclones. The girls lost to the Cyclones 0-9, and the boys lost their first meet of the season 1-8.

In singles for the girls, #1 junior Jena Brosam lost 0-8 for the first time this season, #2 junior Kyja Arnold lost 1-8, #3 sophomore Heather Freund lost 3-8, #4 junior Carly Westphalen lost 2-8, #5 junior Alexis Boes lost 4-8, and #6 junior Ashley Freund lost 1-8.

In doubles #1 Arnold and Freund lost 2-8, #2 Brosam and Westphalen lost 4-8, and #3 Boes and Freund lost 3-8.

On the boys side in singles, #1 sophomore Grant Podhajsky lost his first match of the season 3-10, #2 sophomore Cooper McDermott had the only win the the night with a game score of 10-4, #3 junior Caleb Williams lost 3-10, #4 sophomore Luke Hohenberger lost 5-10, #5 senior William Weppler lost 4-10, #6 sophomore Josh McLean lost 1-10.

In doubles #1 Podhajsky and McDermott lost 8-10, #2 Williams and Hohenberger lost 9-11, and #3 Weppler and McLean

The next tennis meet is today against Audubon. The girls play again tonight at home, and the boys will travel to Audubon to take on the Wheelers.