Boys Tennis Defeat Against the Titans

Freshman Luke Hohenberger lost his singles match, but won his doubles match with partner senior Cain Stuart.  This is Hohenbergers first year playing tennis.

Freshman Luke Hohenberger lost his singles match, but won his doubles match with partner senior Cain Stuart. This is Hohenberger’s first year playing tennis.

Jena Brosam

Last Friday, May 1, the boys tennis team played Lewis Central and Des Moines Lincoln at home. The Trojans defeated Lewis Central 6-3, but fell to Des Moines Lincoln 3-6. On Saturday, May 2, the boys played at home for their first tournament of the season.

On Friday in singles, #1 senior Nick Podhajsky won 10-4, #2 freshman Grant Podhajsky won 10-3, #3 senior Ben Parker won 10-5, #4 senior Kyle Krueger lost 5-10, #5 freshman Cooper McDermott won 10-1, #6 freshman Luke Hohenberger lost 7-10. In doubles, #1 (Nick) Podhajsky and (Grant) Podhajsky won 10-7, #2 Parker and Krueger won 10-3, and #3 Stuart and Hohenberger won 10-5.

On Saturday, (Nick) Podhajsky placed 3rd in #1 singles, (Grant) Podhajsky placed 2nd in #2 singles, Parker and Krueger placed 7th in #1 doubles, and Stuart and freshman Caleb Williams placed 7th in #2 doubles.

Today both boys and girls play Shenandoah. The boys play the Mustangs at home, and the girls play in Shenandoah.