Physical Education Teacher Leaves High School

Physical education and health teacher Casey Pelzer will be moving to Washington Elementary School to teach.

by Allie Siggins

Physical education and health teacher Casey Pelzer received the opportunity to transfer to Washington Elementry for the PE position. He was given this opportunity after current PE teacher, Barb Olsen, turned in her resignation for next year. Pelzer commented, “I am excited for this opportunity because of the energy and the excitement that the younger kids will bring the PE class. But I will miss conversations with students and the relationships I have with teachers here.”

Many students will miss having Pelzer’s joyful, constant whistling filling the hallways. Sophomore Charisma Burg said, “It’s terrible and I am going to miss him.”

Sophomore Deanna Roark said, “I will miss him because there is never a boring moment with him.”

Sophomore Alexis Brockman said, “PE isn’t going to be the same without him.”

According to Pelzer, he will miss the ability level with high school kids. With his daughters in the elementary school, he explains how important it is to have a good attitude and as a parent he is hoping to show kids support. Pelzer is unsure if his position will be filled.