Trojans Wrestle in Last Dual of Season

Sophomore Zac Stork won both his matches against Lewis Central and Red Oak.

Savannah Sorensen

by Savannah Sorensen

The Trojan wrestling team traveled to Red Oak last night for their final dual of the season. A close dual with Lewis Central ended with a Titan victory 37-27, but the Trojans came back and dominated the Tigers 66-9. The Trojans end their regular season with a 16-3 dual record.

Head coach Tim Duff said, “We had a couple of close matches against LC that we just were not able to find a way to win. (We) finished the season with a nice dual record of 16-3. The boys should be happy to be that competitive in duals.”

Against Lewis Central, the Trojans picked up wins from sophomores Carter Cox, Zac Stork, and Drake Roller, and seniors Reid Nichols and Skyler Svoboda. Out of the five, four won by fall and Cox won 5-3 over Gabriel Kjeldgaard.

Dominating the Tigers, 12 of 14 wrestlers either won their match or received a forfeit. Freshmen Kole Hansen and John McConkey, sophomore Colby Sorensen, Cox, and Svoboda all received forfeits. Stork, Roller, junior Keagan Hosfelt, and senior Austin Williamson all won by fall over their opponents. Senior Marshal McDermott won 9-3 over Caleb Orme, while junior Tanner Mauk won 7-3 over Alec Selberg.

The Trojans will be traveling to Glenwood tomorrow for the Hawkeye Ten Conference tournament. Duff said, “Hopefully we can add to our Hawkeye Ten Conference champions.” The tournament will begin at 10:30 am at the high school.