AHS Fuel Plans for the Winter Season

Senior Reid Nichols sports the AHS Fuel shirt from 2013. Nichols was attending a pep rally with the rest of his high school classmates. 
AHS Fuel has often helped with organizing the games at pep rallies.

Senior Reid Nichols sports the AHS Fuel shirt from 2013. Nichols was attending a pep rally with the rest of his high school classmates. AHS Fuel has often helped with organizing the games at pep rallies.

by Corgan Petersen

The AHS Fuel meeting days have been moved to Thursday’s at 7:30 a.m. to accommodate students schedules better.  The upcoming meeting on the 30 will be held to plan for the winter sports season.  AHS Fuel is a great way to be involved in school and have a lot of fun, and they welcome anyone who likes to attend activities.  They’re always looking for new ideas and ways to be more energized.

This past fall, students helped to pump up the sports teams.  Sophomore Max Elwood received a new Hector the Trojan costume to fulfill his mascot duties to help get the crowd involved.  They also introduced the throwing of baby-powder during kick-offs at football games, organized dress themes for game nights, participated in the Homecoming parade, and also in pep assemblies.  In the parade they threw candy, had a colorful truck, and yelled in the megaphone to pump up spirit.

This winter, AHS Fuel members will be planning a flash mob.  They have two ideas, but want to keep it a surprise.  Anyone who wants to be a part of the flash mob can attend an AHS Fuel meeting. They are also planning spirit t-shirts, teaching the school song, ideas for bleacher activities, and a strong Twitter presence to support school spirit. Come to a meeting to check out AHS Fuel!