Fall Sports Update (Pictures)

Sophomore Brennen Smith strides out during his cool down after a day of practice. There are over 25 boys on the cross country team this year. The teams best finish this season was fourth place.

Bailey Schildberg

Junior volleyball player Skye Thompson attempts her killer jump serve. Thompson leads the Atlantic volleyball team in kills and serve aces. The junior also plays the position of an outside hitter.
Bailey Schildberg
Sophomore Mary Hayes dives down hard after a ball. Hayes plays as a right-side hitter. Hayes plays on the JV team and suites varsity.
Bailey Schildberg
The girls cross country team heads out for a warm up lap to start practice. The team’s best runner, junior Tiffany Williams, has placed first three times this season. William’s fastest time in 2014 is 15:02:46 at Shenandoah.
Bailey Schildberg
Cross country coach Nancy Jenkins watches over the girls while they warm up and stretch. The Atlantic girls cross country team has 14 girls out this season. The team placed eighth out of 21 teams at the Trojan Invite held Oct. 9, 2014.
Bailey Schildberg
Senior Reid Nichols leads the boys cross country team in a warm up lap at the beginning of practice. The boys finished fifteenth out of 24 teams at the Trojan Invite on Oct. 9, 2014. At the end of the Trojan Invite, the top three runners were injured.
Bailey Schildberg
Bailey Schildberg
Freshmen Logan Templeton and Duke Zelmer practice their lineman drill. Atlantic Trojans have a new football coach this year, Eric Waldstein. The Trojan football team’s record this 2014 season is 3-4.
Bailey Schildberg
Junior Brendan Holmes makes a jump for a ball during a receiver drill at practice. The stats have shown that the team has improved since the 2013 football season. The 2014 Atlantic football team has just over 40 boys.
Bailey Schildberg