Do or Dye: Color the Town Comes to Atlantic

Sophomore+Alexis+Boes+is+sitting+in+Mr.+Upchurchs+sophomore+English+class.++She+has+participated+in+another+Color+the+Town+run%2C+and+said+it+was+a+good+experience.++

Sophomore Alexis Boes is sitting in Mr. Upchurch’s sophomore English class. She has participated in another Color the Town run, and said it was a good experience.

by Cristin Hitz and Paige Anstey

Have you ever wanted to engage in a Color the Town, but never had the opportunity? Well now you can! On Oct. 11 starting at 8:00 am, you have the option to partake in this event.

Along the course, there will be stations where the paint is thrown onto you. The stations will be at Washington Elementary, Atlantic Middle School, and Atlantic High School. Members of the Atlantic High School Student Council will be sponsoring this event, and have put a lot of hard work into making Color the Town possible. They have made many phone calls and talked to the city Student Council. Senior Jenny Hohenberger said, “It will be worth it in the end.”

The cost is $25, which pays for your t-shirt, the paint, and the allowance of the Color the Town run to take place. HyVee and Anytime Fitness will provide fruit and water and Student Council is also working with the Booster Club for concessions.

This event will be a profit for the Student Council because not only are students finding interest and wanting to join, but there are teachers completing the course also. Hohenberger said, “I have not done a Color the Town run. I’ve heard they’re fun.” The Student Council will have the option to either complete the course or help out with the run. Participants have the option to run or walk the course.

Sophomore Alexis Boes has participated in a Color the Town run. Boes said, “It was a great experience, and was very fun and energetic.” Boes will be running at the AHS Color the Town run. Boes also said that the colored paint can be difficult to wash out of your clothes, but she enjoyed participating. “I like it because it’s different than what we’ve done in the past,” Hohenberger said.

Boes says this event is a great experience for family and friends, so if you would like to participate, sign up! Hohenberger said, “Hopefully it becomes a tradition.”