CoEd Track Traveled to Carroll

CoEd Track Traveled to Carroll

By Savannah Sorenson

The Trojan girls track team finished seventh out of seven teams at the Tiger-Knight CoEd Relays held in Carroll Thursday evening. A racked up total of 158 points, the Harlan girls took the team title. As for the Trojan boys, they finish in fourth place with a total of 78 points including star performances from sophomore Brendan Holmes, junior Robby Bodine and senior Josiah Williams.

Holmes won the 400 meter dash and 400 hurdles with times of 52.64 seconds and 57.2 seconds. Bodine brought home another first place finish for the Trojans in the long jump with a jump of 19’ and improved his personal best by almost two feet. Williams took second place in the 1600 meter run with a time of 4:51.

Junior Tristen Benn finished sixth in the 200 meter dash with a time of 24.42 seconds. Josiah also placed third in the 800 meter run with a time of 2:09. Freshman Phoenix Shadden took fifth in the 3200 meter run with a time of 11:12. Bodine placed fifth in the 110-high hurdles with a time of 16.75 seconds. The 4×400 meter relay team of Holmes, Bodine and juniors Collin Baker and Joey Walker took fourth place with a time of 3:40. Sophomore Alec Hayes and Walker also had a three-way tie for second in the high jump. Senior Tyler Christensen placed sixth in the shot put with a throw of 42’1”.

Junior Savannah Sorensen took third place in the 3000 with a time of 12:34 to start things off for the girls. The 4×800 team of freshman Lexi Freund, sophomore Tiffany Williams, and juniors Karly Monson and Allie Siggins took 4th place and improved the relay time to 11:27. Tiffany also captured first place in the 1500 meter run with a time of 5:24.

Sophomore Darien Mills set a new personal best in the discus with a throw of 94’7”. Senior Tetta Askeland placed fifth in the discus with a throw of 96’1”. In the high jump, sophomore Stephanie Sandbothe tied for first at the height of 4’10”, and Tiffany Williams came in at fifth place with a jump of 4’6”.