Ancient World History Class Goes on Field Trip!

By Dustin Rudolph

All students in Terry Hinzmann’s Ancient World History class went on a field trip to Joslyn Art Museum on Friday.  Hinzmann decided to take the class to the art museum so they could see a few ancient artifacts from the subjects that they’ve been learning.

The students enjoyed the trip and really felt they learned a lot from it.  Sophomore Sarah McCance was “very” glad she went. She really liked being “exposed to lots of different eras of art.”

Junior Harrison Richter also enjoyed the trip and learned that “anything with a lion refers to Hercules.”  However Richter believes the trip would’ve been better if their were no guides.

Sophomore Jackson Wickman went on the trip as well and liked “hanging out with friends and learning,” but he said it “would’ve been neat to see more Egyptian artifacts.”

The class almost missed an entire day of school to go to the Joslyn Art Museum which is located in Omaha, Nebraska.  The students were dismissed from their first period class at 8:20 and started loading the bus at 8:30.  They were at the museum by 10 which is when they split into 5 groups and met their docents, or tour guides.  They had an hour with the docent until they ate lunch with their friends outside.  After lunch, they all went into the Poseidon Gallery which wa only there for a limited time.  The students had the rest of the time to walk around the museum to see what they wanted to.

The whole trip was a success and will happen again throughout the years.