Choice Printing

Girl’s Soccer Kick Off Their First Game

Girls Soccer Kick Off Their First Game

By Justice Parker

On Mon. April 6, girls soccer played at home against Carroll-Kuemper. The varsity’s end score was 0-1 and JV ended with 0-0.

Head coach Jordan Newberg said, “I felt the team played pretty well as a whole. We moved the ball well and had a lot of opportunities to score.”

Overall, his comment on the game was, “The team still needs to communicate better. If the team starts to communicate more we will see more opportunities of scoring, and less opportunities for the opposing team to score. Our defense also needs to improve on stepping to the ball and being more physical. This will come as the season progresses.”

Newberg said that the highlight of the game for him was when Maren  saved the ball on the penalty kick in the first half to keep the score 1-0.

Sophomore Haley Carlson said, “We’ve improved ten times the amount we were last year and our spacing and communication was good, but if we don’t keep it up we will fall apart.”

Sophomore Isabel Kesterson said, “We really improved from last year and our communication was a lot better.”

Junior Ashleigh Waltz said, “I thought the spacing was good at some points, we have matured a lot more since last year, and I felt we had better ball control, however, there is still room for improvement.

The girl’s next game is this Thursday at Tri-Center at 4:30 p.m. and they play again on Friday against Abraham Lincoln at 4:30 p.m.