Twirp Dance

Twirp+Dance

By: Leah Tjepkes

After a long, fun twirp week filled with dress up days and Mr. AHS, students of Atlantic high school are deciding whether they would like to attend the Twirp dance Friday night. In past years, we have had music performed by our own Atlantic students and graduates. In 2012, AJ Richter, along with the help of Michael Nelson, were hired to DJ the twirp dance. Junior Jenny Hohenberger comments, “All the bright lights, glow-in-the-dark necklaces, and loud music just made it more fun for everyone.” Then in 2013, the local band Haze, made up of Sam Hayes, JT Baker, Tom Stinn, and Delsin Arnold, performed live in front of the dance floor. They played songs by Creed, Fall Out Boy, and Muse, but also DJed songs of many genres. “I feel like people were more involved with the dance when we had students performing,” sophomore Jackson Wickman comments.This year, Richter was hired again to DJ at the twirp dance. But this year he will have the help of his brother, sophomore Harrison Richter.

Remember, sign up any out of town dates in the front office and bring your school ID. It costs $3 for one ticket or $5 for two. Buy tickets now or pay at the entrance on Friday. The dance goes from 8-11 PM. This is the last dance of the school year held for any Atlantic high schooler who would like to attend. The attire is more laid back than Homecoming, so just come in sweats and you will fit right in!