Students Speak Out About Flappy Bird

Students Speak Out About Flappy Bird

By Sam Renaud

Flappy Bird is the newest game finding its way to students’ mobile devices. Students have downloaded and deleted it in the short time it has been popular in Atlantic Schools.  It can be quite a frustrating game when it comes down to it.  The object of the game is simple: make a bird go through a narrow area without bumping into anything.  My high score is 10 and I have retired from playing the game.  Until I download it for the fourth time.

Here are AHS students’ opinions on the newest trending game:

1. Logan Steffens – I personally enjoy the game and think it’s quite fun.  I spent four hours on Sunday playing and have a high score of 34.

2. Evan Schuler – I love to play Flappy Bird.  I played it for like two hours one night when I was watching tv.  My best is 44 and I’m still striving for greatness.

3. Nick Barry – Flappy Bird is pretty fun I guess.  I’m pretty lousy at the game, but I’m a dedicated player and will keep playing. I have a high score of 12.

4. Brody Peterson – It’s addicting, I wish I would’ve never got it.  My high score is 12.

5. Joey Walker – It makes me want to the throw my phone across the room.  My high score is 34.

6. Zac Stork – It ruined my life bad.  I don’t like it one bit.  My high score is 10.

7. Erin Shannon – I hate it and it makes me want to cry a lot.  My high score is 37.

8. Brie Steffens – I’m addicted to it and I hate it.  My high score is 52.

9. Steph Freund – Makes me want to chuck my phone at a wall.  My high score is 6.

Screen Shot 2014-01-30 at 3.21.12 PM
Senior Tanner Lovell smiles with satisfaction over his Flappy Birds high score.

10. Hannah Just – My high score is 1, so enough said.

11. Tanner Lovell – I downloaded it about a month ago and I got rid of it a few days after.  It’s too simple to be fun.  My high score is 212.

12. Tye Nielsen – I despise the people who downloaded it and play it.  I don’t like the game and I don’t have a high score.

13. Ethan Schmitt – It’s a very stressful and overwhelming game.  My high score is 20.

14. Leah Tjepkes – I’ve played the game twice and I have a high score of 0.

15. Kody Harris – I hate it.  It’s stupid and I have already deleted the game #ya.  My high score is 28.

16. Lauren Krogman – It’s dumb but I play it when I’m bored.  I’m not very good at it, but my high score is 14.

17. Skye Thompson – It made me reconsider my life.  My high score is 19.

18. Karly Monson – The game gives me anger issues so I don’t play it very much.  My high score is 30.

19. Alexi Allen – It sucks and I don’t like playing it.  My high score is 30.

20. Nate Gifford – It’s addictive and fun.  I play in on my mini iPad and my high score is 76.

21. Brennan Smith – It’s pretty fun, but I can get pretty angry at it.  My high score is 24.

22. Drake Roller – Uhm, ya, it’s a game #ya.  My high score is 34.

23. Savannah Sorenson – It make me really frustrated and it annoys me.  My high score is 14.

24. Rachelle Wagoner – I had it for a day and I deleted it.  It was too hard for me to play.  My high score is 5.

25. Tyler Thomas – I’m not very good, but my high score is 12.  So, that makes me happy.