Tis the Prom Season

By Kate Fulk and Miranda Olson

Prom dress shopping season is quickly approaching. Time to make the appointments for all the necessities that go into making prom perfect. Styles are always coming in and going out. Lots of factors go into making prom day successful. But the process doesn’t have to be expensive or stressful.

Prom will be held April 5. The juniors will host the decorating just like always for the seniors. The theme is set to be determined by juniors voting on Friday Jan. 17. Grand march will start out the night at 8 p.m., then the 2014 and 2015 classes will head to the dance.

According to lulus.com planning in advance is the best way in avoiding spending to much. Last minute mishaps can lead to unplanned spending.

Junior Erin Shannon bought her prom dress three months in advance at David’s Bridal. When walking through the doors, Shannon had an idea of what she wanted, but when she tried on the “icy blue, strapless, floor-length ruffled dress with a jeweled upper bodice,” she knew it was the right one! Shannon is also “excited to have a fun time with her date, see everybody’s dresses, and to decorate for the dance.”

Junior Lindsay Keltch has a light colored dress in her mind. Her perfect prom dress “has a sparkly upper body and is slim, rather than poofy.” Keltch feels as if “the juniors should have slim and less exciting dresses, while the seniors have gorgeous and poofy dresses since it is their last prom.”

Senior Lauren Krogman said that she is going with a used dress instead of buying a brand new one. “It’s expensive and you don’t have to have the most expensive dress to have a good time.”

Don’t forget to come watch your junior and senior classes as they show off the perfect dress, hair, and dates at grandmarch!