What Happened to #AHSfuel?

By Madison Helvie

At the start of the 2013 school year, a new club emerged known as AHS Fuel. The club was started by science teacher Bryan Woods and his seminar students, who brought the idea to English teacher Allison Berryhill’s seminar. The group was created to bring positive ideas to AHS and to offer more opportunities during sporting events and school activities. Woods and English teacher Elizabeth Huggins were named as sponsors for the organization.

At the beginning of the year the club offered a deal to AHS students. The deal was for students to attend any two of the first five events including cross country, volleyball and football. The student would go to the event, check in and report their t-shirt size. The reward was an all-year activity pass  for students who achieved this. The activity pass allows students to get into any event for free. The student also received an AHS Fuel t-shirt.

The group received $3000 from the AHS Booster Club at the beginning of the year to fund their efforts.  Although AHSFuel was visible during the football season, lately very little has been heard from the group and students are starting to wonder what happened to AHS Fuel.

The last event was for students to wear the free t-shirt they received at the beginning of the year to a basketball game. At a recent game, the group gave away tickets for various activities such as yelling the loudest. The tickets were then redeemed for prizes. More surprise activities are planned for basketball games.

AHS Fuel member and sophomore Emily Yager said the group had a meeting on Thursday morning to plan the surprise. She also said there is a core group of about two or three members that attend regularly. When asked, senior Logan Hemphill said that the reason for lack of AHSFuel is because the core members got busy and the leaders also became busy.

Will AHS Fuel return?