Winter Formal Breaks The Ice

Winter Formal Breaks The Ice

By Tanner Mauk

Winter Formal is coming up this Saturday and many of the AHS students are excited to go. The dance is from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. and is open to all classes. The thing that makes this dance different is that there is a dress code that must be followed to get in.

This dance is a formal dance. Sophomore Cooper Zablocki described this as, “Any type of fabric and anything that’d you’d wear to a formal school gathering [is acceptable for the dance].” He also said he’s going to wear, “whatever I think is cool or hip,  because I like to live on the edge.”  Sophomore Matthew Tolton said he is going and that he is going to wear “a blue button up and some dress pants” If you show up to the dance in informal clothes or change into informal clothes you may be asked to leave.

The dance tickets will be sold starting Friday morning and will be sold at lunch. They cost $3 for a single ticket and $5 for two. Tickets will also be sold on the night of the dance at the front door.

If you are planning on bringing  an out of town guest they must fill out a Dance Permission Form. You can pick these up in the office and they are due in the office on Friday.  Also on the night of Winter Formal there will be a Winter Ball Queen crowned at 9:30 so make sure to stay for that.

Many students all agree that they will have a good time at the dance. We hope to see you there!