Auditions for Spring Musical

Auditions for Spring Musical

By Brecklyn Carey

Auditions for Atlantic High Schools spring musical are Tuesday, December 3rd. Students interested in auditioning can find audition material outside the choir room, as well as a sign-up sheet on the choir room door.

Students who are auditioning will be required to perform an excerpt from the play, and sing a part of a song from the musical. To acquire an audition, students must sign up for a five minute time slot found on the choir room door.

This year’s production is Shrek: The Musical. The cast will include 37 characters; five of which are leads, with five supporting roles. The remaining roles will be extras. The story is much like the one told in the first movie; a heartwarming tale of an ogre named Shrek who, along with his companion Donkey, saves Princess Fiona from a tower. The trio encounters many enchanted characters and creatures along the way, with twists at every corner.

“We are looking for vocal reflection and characterization, and projection,” says Choir Instructor and Musical Director Jennifer Gaesser.  She elaborated with the reason they picked the show, “It’s a fun show! I think it reflects our students personality, it’s fun and lighthearted.” Gaesser and Assistant Director Jarrod O’Donnell said that they are  expecting a lot of hard work and a lot of fun from the show this year.

After the roles have been casted, Gaesser will be posting rehearsal schedules using Google Docs, and will work with students on rehearsal times. Rehearsals will be scheduled by scene.

“I’m super excited for the musical! I’ve actually only done crew in the past, but it’s always been super fun,” says Senior Jessica Askeland.   The musical is scheduled for March 7, 8 and 9.

View Comments (1)