Weitzel’s Restaurant

Weitzel%E2%80%99s+Restaurant

by Rachelle Wagoner and Karly Monson

A new attraction is now open for business in Atlantic, drawing people in to take a taste and check it out.  Weitzel’s Restaurant & Bar, in place of where Feedlot Steakhouse & Lounge use to be, is the newest restaurant in Atlantic, offering a variety of lunch and dinner options and open Monday through Saturday on 7th Street.

Weitzel’s Restaurant & Bar may have taken place of Feedlot Steakhouse & Lounge, but they still offer the same steak, prime rib, broasted chicken, and pasta you could previously order.  They have also extended their seafood portion on the menu, and offer a lunch portion that includes burgers, sandwiches, and grilled pizzas.  Hours are as follows: Monday 5:00 P.M.-10:00 P.M., Tuesday through Thursday 11:00 A.M.-10:00 P.M., and Friday through Saturday 11:00 A.M.-11:00 P.M.  The restaurant also went under a total makeover.  When customers walk through the doors, they are greeted to a large, open room with booths surrounding the walls, tables in the middle, and a sit down bar.

Throughout the first week of opening Weitzel’s Restaurant & Bar, owner Jake Weitzel said it was a little hectic and very busy, but after working out the kinks it is now running a lot more smoothly.  Changes are still coming to improve Weitzel’s as a restaurant, including potentially opening on Sunday’s and offering daily specials.

Jake Weitzel, a 2000 Atlantic High School graduate, is the owner and manager of Weitzel’s Restaurant & Bar.  Weitzel says he has wanted to own a restaurant since he was 13, but never thought it would happen.  He has previous restaurant experience from working at Farmer’s Kitchen and also in the Iowa Western Food Industry.

“People who came in the first week and did not have a good experience should come back to give it a second shot,” said Weitzel now that business is running nice and smoothly.

Pictured above is above is Karly Monson interviewing owner of Weitzel’s Restaurant & Bar, Jake Weitzel.