Meet your 2013 NHS Officers!

By Angel Kunik and Lillie Zablocki

The 2013-14 National Honor Society officers have been announced. Junior members elected the following:

President – Breanna Kixmiller

Vice President- Kristin Johnk

Secretary – Lillie Zablocki

Treasurer – Adam Wieser

Sergeant At Arms – Maren McNees

2013-14 officers Bree Kixmiller (front), Lillie Zablocki and Kristin Johnk (row two), and Maren McNees (back). Not pictured: Adam Wieser

As President, Kixmiller said that she will lead the meetings and inform everyone on events.  Also, she will be “there if anyone has any questions.”   This upcoming year Kixmiller would like to add new events and not just stick to the usual.  She wants the NHS to “get more involved with other things like how Student Council has a foot in everything.”

The new Vice President, Johnk will help Kixmiller plan events and also keep everything organized.  Johnk would like to become “more community related” and have more volunteering activities.

According to McNees, the role of Sergeant of Arms assures that the meetings stay on track and adheres to the organizations rules.

Kixmiller ended saying, “I feel like we have a great group of officers and us five and the other members around us can get some good things done.  I’m looking forward to what us as a group can do.”