Jazz bands and Show Choirs are swinging in

Swing-in, on Thursday, Jan. 14 at Atlantic High School is a concert of the show choirs and the jazz bands. Show choir (originally called ‘swing choir’) is a group  of people who sing in choirs and dance, sometimes within a storyline. Show choir origins as an activity in the United States during the mid-1960s. The Diversity is singing “Dancing in the Streets.” “ Diversity singer, Grace Jacob said that she herself feels prepared. Jacob really wanted to sing Fireflies, however they switched it to the younger crowd. While the freshmen girls are singing “Fireflies,”  Premiere is singing “Steal Your Rock and Roll.” Soloists include Presten Hoye, Hannah Jespersen, Ben Parker, and Kristin Johnk. Jennifer Gaesser the instructor for show choir said she is not sure if she is ready for it, but she is excited. “we still need work.” Gaesser mentioned. Gaesser said the best part about teaching show choir is putting the singing and dancing together.

J
arrod O’Donnell is the director of the jazz band. He said he is excited for Jazz 1 ballad. He said it has a sensitive melody. There are 5 soloists for the Swing song and Ballad Matt Iekel. For the latin song Paige Sorensen,Matt Iekel,Sam Hayes, and Preston Hoye.